Greetings from Maureen at Cottage Panache Antiques


So glad you stopped by my blog!
Cottage Panache is currently going through some changes.
Soon, I will be offering items for purchase online. Special event sales will be held occasionally and will be posted here, on facebook and on my website:
http://www.cottagepanacheantiques.com/

Click here to visit the online shoppe!

Click here to visit the online shoppe!
Link to online blog shop

Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Saint Valentine's day!

Check out these felt stitched Valentine Sweetheart pockets! These are vintage and are from Titche Goettinger's store the was Downtown Dallas. They offered these to their shoppers to be filled with jewelry, perfume, or whatever in which you could present your gift forto your lovey on Valentine's Day!
I found the pockets at a local area Estate Sale last year. Also in this picture is the red heart ring box - what a find! The doll has a paper mache head and is vintage, and from (I'm guessing by the felt and sequined netting) the 50's! Found in a resale shop. They had a proud price on her and she was worth every penny. They sold it to me at a discount so that I am able to offer her at a reasonable price for sale here at Cottage Panache!
Here a couple of more colors that were available back in the 50's!
Isn't love grand!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Valentine darling !!...love love love Ria................... ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ...... ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ... .... ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ .....

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! Happy Valentine's day to you too. Hope all is well with you and yours. ~ Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty - makes you want to say ahhhh!!! Happy Valentine's Day, M!
    :) Linda K

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty - Happy Valentine's Day, M! :) Linda K

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember Titche Goettinger's fondly. Am I admitting how old I am. I also remember Sanger Harris!
    Those are such lovely reminders of a more stylish time.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Comments always welcome here!